Skip to main content

Impostor to Stockholm II

This is the second part to what the getting into medicine field was for me.




    Moving to hostel/dorms, away from home. Listening to those words entice you that you no longer are gonna be monitored, you can party all night long and sleep all day. But there are certain repercussions. You move out of the house you call home with some complete strangers, away from your family whose members annoy you most of the time but they are the people you can not live without and the first ones you look for when you are in trouble or for emotional support.

    The first day at the hostel, Lala(my father) drops me and my roommate off ( cuz we from the same town and kinda knew each other vaguely) and we reach there at around sunset. We start to unpack and set stuff into room into our own decided sides. Not even half way through, our door gets knocked and seniors are there demanding their hierarchical right to rag us. We or specifically, I panic and start making calls to every possible contact I can think of in the university, beginning with my abbu whom I called. After all that was over it was way past midnight. I lay down, all excited to go to university tomorrow but I could not sleep because all of sudden, from no where I had started to realize that this is not gonna be partying everyday like they show on films.

    We come back from university, I have already started to count days. "it's Monday, only three days to go before I can go home?" and " There are no classes after 12.30 pm, what even in hell am I gonna do in this hell hole?". Then, I decided to leave for home everyday, I get off earlier than 12.30pm cuz I can reach my home in 1.5 hours. Instead of studying, I spent most of time in travelling. My parents thought it was because of food that I could not stay there but food was just one aspect of it. From having no social skills, to having no clue how to study? My dream of becoming a medical doctor was way harder than it seemed.

Comments

Popular posts

The Silent Patient by Alex Michalides

  MY FIRST BOOK REVIEW... Favorite word Coquette : A flirtatious woman  Favorite quote  Unexpressed emotions will never die. They are buried alive and will come forth later in uglier ways.                                                                                                             Sigmund Freud.                              When the cover says it is a thriller, it really means it. The way the story is told always seems like you know how its gonna end, especially if you have seen as many crime documentaries as me but that lack of predictability is what makes this story so much thrilling. The characters are well written especially the prime suspect ALICIA BERENSON( a well celebrated artist).                              The story is told from the perspective of  two people, one is THEO FABER a psychotherapist based in London who wants to eagerly help Ms. Alicia because he relates to her due to somewhat similar trauma and other one is ALICIA BERENSON through the pages of he

My Favorite Breakfasts

  Meals I like to cook/eat in morning 01. Poached eggs with bread and yogurt. Ingredients 1. 01 cup yogurt( any kind you like) 2. 02 cloves garlic 3. 02 eggs 4. Few slices of bran bread( or white if you don't like bran ) Spices 1. Salt and white pepper 2. Mint 3. Ground cumin Recipe 1. Put a bowl of water to boil on medium heat 2. Crack the eggs and put it in the water for not more than a minute. ( Tip: For the eggs to stay together and not spread like a soup , put them slowly into the water after cracking them onto a spoon) 3. Take the eggs out on a sieve and let all the water come out of them. 4. Grind two cloves of garlic and put them into the yogurt with as much salt and white pepper you like and 01 tablespoon of ground cumin and whisk it till properly mixed. 5. Toast two or three slices of bread. 6. Put the poached eggs onto yogurt. Dip the toasted bread and eat and enjoy with green tea. Here is how it looked. 02. Oatmeal  Ingredients 1. 1 cup oatmeal 2. 2 cups milk of any cho

Impostor to Stockholm part 01

The journey of medical school was and still is unimaginable for someone like me to experience. It started after two months waiting for a verdict on whether our entrance test was even valid considering all the controversy around it being leaked which to be very honest does not seem far from truth because of corruption being a norm in our society. After two unusually long months, I finally made into medschool the very first from my family with a lot of expectations not only from my family but from myself. The daunting and exciting first day where I had to wake up at 5:30 am in the morning to catch a bus which would then lead me to another bus at 7:15am since, the administration did not think we were in urgent need of hostels. We arrived at around 8:30 in the university. I had been to this very building not a year ago but this time, it felt different like I was passing a milestone or something. Two minutes or less walking into main campus, we were welcomed by vultures who offered us to sh

FRIED RICE ( How I cook it)

 My version of fried rice with high amount of protein and healthier. Ingredients 1. Half cup of brown rice 2. 1 cup of pulses( any kind you want) 3. 2 cloves of garlic( more or less if you want) 4. 1 onion 5. 1 tomato 6. 1 green pepper 7.  As much cauliflower as you like 8. 01 lemon 9. 01 chili pepper 10. 01 eggs Spices 1. Salt and black/white pepper ( as much you like) 2. Cinnamon half spoon 3.  Cumin 01 spoon 4.  02 Whole black peppers 5. Apple cider vinegar 01 spoon 6. Soy sauce and chili sauce 01 spoon each Recipe 1. Soak the rice and pulses in Luke warm water separately or together for 15 minutes( I prefer separately). Pour a little salt in with them for taste. 2.  Take double the amount of water (in two bowls if you are doing it separately ) than both rice and pulses and let it get to boiling on medium heat. Too much water can make it mushy and too little of it will evaporate before the rice is even properly cooked. 3. Pour in the rice and pulses in the boiling water at medium to